Saturday, April 23, 2011

30 Day Challenge 2 : Day 20

Something you miss

I love being a mom. I love the kisses and hugs and smiles I get everyday. I tolerate the tantrums and hitting and when he is doing something he shouldn't, but when he flashes me those baby blues and that smile, it's hard to be mad.
That being said, I sometimes miss the freedom of the childless days. It was so easy to just get myself in the car and go to the store or go with Nate to grab some dinner, or take an evening walk. Now we have routines and schedules, we can't leave the house without a diaper, wipes, a cup, snacks, and cars (because the one time you don't if the one time you will need one of the above.)
David is my life now, and I know that one day we will get back some of that freedom. I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for anything. I do wish that the cashier wouldn't always look at my funny if I pull a toy car or toy phone out of my purse before I get to my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment