Sunday, February 6, 2011

Photo Challenge : Day 21

A picture of someone who inspires you

So many people have inspired me in my life. The obvious ones have been mom parents. They always worked hard so that we could have what we needed, and what we wanted. Love you mom and dad.


The person who insired me the me most as a youth though, would have Elizabeth Blackwell. She was the first woman doctor in the US. Every book report I did for years was on her. I would pick a different book about her, or research a different aspect of her life. I wanted to be a doctor, and I thought to do that, I should start where US women started years ago. I didn't end up being a doctor, but she still inspires me to follow my dreams, no matter what. Her journey to her dreams was not easy, and she reminds me that anything worth having, is worth working for,

No comments:

Post a Comment