Saturday, January 22, 2011

Photo Challenge : Day 6

A photo of your favorite memory.

I have so many great memories. It's hard to pick which one is my
favorite!!

I decided to go with the not so obvious ones (wedding day, David's birth) and
pick one from my childhood. Every summer my family and I would go to Kings
Island for 2 days. Mom would try to get us to pick somehwere else to go, and we
never wanted to. It was best back when the kid area was Hannah Barbara Land. The
last thing we would do on our way out was get Smurf Ice Cream. It was blueberry
soft serve ice cream and we loved it. We would talk about smurf ice cream all
year long. Not long after I got married, we went again with the whole family. On
the last day, we went for our Smurf Ice Cream. Kings Island isn't owned by the
same company anymore, so the Smurfs are no longer associated with KI. The guy
serviving looked to be about 15 and looked at us like we had  heads when we
asked for Smurf Ice Cream. KI may call it Blueberry Ice Cream now, but it will
always be Smurf Ice Cream in our book.



No comments:

Post a Comment