Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks, Things

I am thankful for many things:

My iPod. I love it. It plays music when I need it, keeps tracks of appointments, and holds movies to occupy David when I need to go to the grocery store. It's an amazing little device that, even though I could live without, makes some things so much easier. I am now also in love with my iPhone!

Thomas the Tank Engine. If you have a boy, you know how cool Thomas is. He lets me get cleaning done, laundry started, and dinner finished. He does not cause confusion and delay in our house, and we are never cross when he is on.

My washer and dryer. They make things easier and are very effective in what they do. The same can be said for my dishwasher. Modern conveniences that I have come to love and adore.

My car. It was the first major purchase I made after I got my first job post grad school. It's cute and reliable. Plus, I have a great dad who helps do all of the routine maintence on it.

My microwave. Some nights we wouldn't have dinner without it. That is horrible to say, since there is nothing keeping me from cooking, but we all have nights that Bagle Bites just sound good.

Modern medicine. Sometimes I take for granted that, expensive as it may be, I have access to great health care.

I'm thankful for technology. Sometimes I think it's a curse, but other times I don't know what I would do without it. Just making a phone call, or sending a text, Skyping, a quick email.

No comments:

Post a Comment