Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankgiving Thanks, People and Places

I am thankful for my friends. Most of my friends have been around for years. They saw me through the awkward middle school years, high school, college...I'm going on decades with some of these wonderful people. We may not talk all of the time, but we always pick up right where we left off.

I am also so thankful for my "internet" friends, as Nate calls them. I'm in a group with 11 other May '09 mommies and even though we have never met in real life, I know that they are amazing women. We chat daily about any and everything. I love my May mommies!

I am thankful for my co-workers. I love my job. I am so lucky and blessed to have gotten into such a wonderful building (thanks Mr. Beresford!). There is not a day that goes by that I don't remember how lucky I am to be here at the river. I love this place!

My house. I love my house. It's small, but perfect. It provides us with what we need and has so many wonderful memories attached to it. I bought it as a single woman. Nate told me he loved me for the first time there. I came home to it after my honeymoon with my husband. We found out we were pregnant there and brought home our baby boy there. We watched him sit, crawl, and walk in that house. Even though I know that we won't always be there, I will always love our first house.

Starbucks, any location. I am a $4 a cup kind of gal every week. I have my favorites  - Iced Chai, Hot Chai, Passion Tea Lemonade, Pumpkin Spice, Salted Caramel Mocha...all depends on my mood. And don't get me started on the Cranberry-Orange Scones...

1 comment: