Friday, November 25, 2011

Pinterest Projects

I am addicted to Pinterest. In case you don't have an account, it's a site that lets you bookmark things and organize them in folders with pictures. It's great! So much more organized than my old IE bookmarks.

Months ago, I started looking for some easy Christmas crafts. I found so many crafts to do for gifts and ornaments. I decided that I needed to move beyond just pinning the projects and needed to actually do one.

I started by making my winter wreath. Materials needed were: straw or styrofoam wreath, yarn, white felt, a small stuffed snowman, glue gun, glue sticks, scissors , and ribbon to hang.

This was my inspiration:

Pinned Image

Here is what mine looks like on my door:


I think it turned out pretty well.  I did learn that you shouldn't trace with a pen onto white felt, so I had to remake some of the flowers. I think I made about 75 of them to complete this. Time consuming, but easy and I love it!

Next up were some ornaments. I started making these glitter ones.

Pinned Image

These were pretty easy to make, though did get slightly messy with the glitter. To make you need: glass ornaments, Mop 'n Glow (I used the one with the blue lid) and glitter (I used the mega pack from Wal-Mart). All you do is swish the Mop 'n Glow in the ball, empty out all of the extra liquid, pour glitter in, shake it all around, and dump out the extra glitter. Super easy and fast to make. You can see a picture tutorial here. Here are what mine looked like when I was done :



Last up was the snow globe ornament. Here is the inspiration:

Pinned Image

To make, you need glass ornaments, epsom salt, sticker letters, and ribbon.  You add the salt into the ornament to just less than 1/2 full. Put the top back on. Use a sticker letter (or cut a letter out - I used my Cricut and some sticker paper) and place firmly on the ornament. Add some ribbon, and you're done! Here are mine:


There you have it. I think I will be making some more ornaments to give as gifts. They were so easy and fun to make!

2 comments:

  1. Your wreath is ADORABLE! And the ornaments turned out great. I'm going to have to try those snow ball ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're inspiring me...which kind of sucks because I have zero energy for all the regular stuff I need to do, nevermind crafty endeavors. But oh my, that snowman wreath is adorable!

    ReplyDelete