Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks, Faith and Family

Many people are posting what they are thankful for each day on Facebook. I'm horrible at updating my status daily, so I thought I would share things I am thankful for here. I have so many things to be thankful for. My life is full of blessings!

I am thankful for my faith. Without it, I don't know how I would get through the day. My faith has grown and changed a lot over the years. Through the change, my love for God has not wavered. There were days that I might not have liked him, but my love remained. As I grow older, I know that it will continue to grow and change, but the constant of love for God will always be there.

I am thankful for my parents. I have parents who have always supported me, no matter what. Dad always made special pancakes for big occasions, and even let me have ice cream for breakfast the first day of my senior year. Mom has always done everything she could to make sure we had what we needed, and most of the time, what we wanted. Raising 3 girls can't be easy, but they did it, and I think they did a pretty good job.

I have an amazing husband - I mean amazing. He is my best friend and stands by my side. We may not have been married as long as some of my friends, but we've been through our share of heartache. We have grown closer and become a stronger couple with what we have been through, and we will continue to do so.

My sisters drive me crazy. We hardly ever agree on anything, and trying to make a decision on what to do or how to do something becomes a huge ordeal. We didn't get along, at all, living under one roof, but now that we all have our own lives, we get along better. Still, we drive each other nuts. I wouldn't have it any other way. Despite how crazy they can make me, I love them both and am thankful that we are as close as we are.

David. Does he even need more explanation? He is truly a miracle and gift from God. I am thankful for him, every dirty, smelly, sticky little boy inch of him. Even on the days that he is driving me nuts, I have to stop and thank God that I have a little boy to drive me nuts.

My church. I have been going to the same church for (20) years. Some of the same people I grew up with are still there. These people watched me grow up and have supported me in my faith for so long - Dave Courtright, Angie Weiser, Helen and Rob, Kevin and Carol. Robin Wildman...I could go on. We've also met so many new people who support Nate and I in our role as parents, and who allow us to work with the youth group. It may not be the biggest church, or the most contemporary, but it's comfortable and some place that I want to bring David up in.

This ends the first installment of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment