Friday, September 28, 2012

BBQ Chicken Corn Casserole and Loaded Hashbrown Casserole

I've been in an adventurous mood when it comes to what's for dinner. I've tried a lot of recipes recently, but last nights was one of my, and Nate's, favorites.  You can't go wrong with with as much sour cream and cheese as was in these dishes! It was super quick, easy, and eaten. Did I take pictures of my process, nope. But I promise, it only took me about 10 minutes to throw these together.

I got the recipes from Plain Chicken. I've been following her blog and trying a lot of her recipes. My waistline shows it. :)

BBQ Chicken Cornbread Bake
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 box cornbread mix
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 3 cups cooked chopped chicken*
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
* I used 1/2 of a whole chicken that I had cooked and frozen a few weeks ago. A rotisserie chicken would be great too!

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Mix together corn, creamed corn, sour cream, cornbread mix and butter.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake 30-40 minutes minutes, until casserole is almost done.
Toss chicken with BBQ sauce
Remove cornbread casserole from oven.  Top with chicken mixture and top with cheese. 
Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted

Hashbrown Casserole
  • 2 (16oz) containers sour cream
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits
  • 1 large (28 - 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes - shredded kind
Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns.  Spread into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.

I divided this into 2 8x8 pans and froze one to enjoy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment