Thursday, September 13, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

When I told David that I was making cookies for breakfast, he said "WHAT! You can't have cookies for breakfast!" Yes you can kiddo, when mommy uses Pinterest to find new recipes to try.

The original recipe came from here, but I can't just take it an use as it. Tweaks must be made. Although I will say, I didn't make that many to this one. If you don't like banana or peanut butter, these are not the cookies for you.

2 ripe bananas, mashed until creamy (thank you magic bullet)
1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
2/3 cup applesauce, any kind *
2 scoops protein powder **
1tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (can use quick oatmeal or old fashioned oats) ***
1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk or dark)



* I used cinnamon because that is what I had. Sugar free would make the cookies even better for you.
** I used vanilla, again because that is what I had. Chocolate would also be yummy. You can add less if you want. I wanted to pack a little more protein in mine. You can also leave it out all together.
*** I made them both ways, both equally good to me. I liked the texture of the old fashioned oats, but David liked the quick oats better.

Mix together banana, applesauce, and peanut butter until creamy. Add vanilla and protein powder until mixed. Add the oats and chocolate chips.



Drop onto cookie sheet. You can make them as big or little as you want, plump or flat. (We opted for drop cookies because Molley started screaming before I could flatten them out. ) Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness. You can bake longer if you want crispier cookies.

 
Nate is not a fan of these, but David and I like them. I like that they are good for you (minus the chocolate, which you could leave out) and I know what has gone into making them. If you notice, it made 23 cookies. It would have been 24 if David and I had sampled the batter (no eggs, so you can eat it without baking).


1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the cookies, hope you get a chance to check out the other versions I've posted about. This is such a great recipe to tinker with! Lots more recipes & such on my blog, come on over & see what's cooking in my kitchen! Cheers!
    Vicki E
    www.Watching-What-I-Eat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete