Thursday, October 11, 2012

Traveling Birthday

Two - the number of drivers
Four - the number of passengers
Twelve - the number of hours MapQuest says it will take us
Fifteen - the number of hours we hope to make it in
Thirty-three - the number of years I am old...young

We are traveling to MN for my brother-in-law's wedding. Today there will be tears, and not only from my children. I am sure at some point I will cry and whine, and ask are we there yet. Nate may wish he'd left us all at home and gone solo.

Today I turn 33. 33 years ago I was blessed to come into this world to two amazing parents, who still take care of me and who I know I can never thank enough.

Maybe it's working with teenagers on a daily basis, but I don't feel 33. Sure, I don't move as fast as I did 10 years ago, I have more wrinkles and more grey hair, and I need more sleep, but I still feel young at heart.

This is the time of year when Nate tells everyone that he married an older woman. For a whopping 33 days, I am older than him. This is also the time of year when I tend to ignore him more. :)

This last year was a good one. We celebrated 4 years of marriage and watched David turn 3. We had many family outings to go on adventures, and many cozy family nights in. We got a new niece. We went from a family of three to a family of four. I thank God daily for blessing us over and over again.

Here is to another great year full of fun times with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment