Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

What is the worst compliment you have ever received?
Someone told me that I shouldn't be upset about my miscarriages, because "at least you have one amazing little boy." Whereas I see what she was trying to say (I do have a perfect little guy who I love more than anything), it doesn't mean that I can't be upset about loosing two other babies.

Did you/would you tell everyone the name of your baby before they were born, keep it a secret, or not choose until after they were born?
We didn't know the gender until he was born, so the name was a secret too. We didn't tell anyone the names that we had decided on. We are still keeping the girl name a secret just in case. I work in a Junior High, so finding a name that doesn't remind me of a kid is hard enough. I don't need others comments about name choice.

What is your favorite candle smell?
I love Clean Linen. So fresh!

What is the best birthday/Christmas gift you received when you were pregnant or the best birthday/Christmas gift you gave a pregnant person that was really appreciated?
Whoever bought the blanket that David now calls "bink" was a life saver. He loves that thing! For me, I had a couple of people get me pedicures while I was pregnant. I love that chair. I would marry it if I could (not really, but I do love that chair!).

Who was your favorite teacher?
I've had so many teachers over the years. Dave Courtright, my Sunday School teacher for years. Mr. Walker, my Anatomy and Physiology teacher. Mrs. Dodges, my English teacher. All of my band teachers. I could go on...

What is the best game/activity you have ever played at a baby shower?
At my shower, they had everyone put a piece of paper on their heads and draw a baby. It was funny to see what everyone ended up with.

What was your major in college and did you end up using it in your career?
I started as a Pharmacy major. After Organic Chemistry kicked my butt, I switched to Psychology with a minor in English. I went on to Grad School, and majored in School Counseling. I am now a Junior High Counselor.

What is a beauty product you swear by?
I'm a fan of my Bare Minerals foundation. It's an everyday necessity.

What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
One helped me get my groceries out when David was throwing a tantrum. That man was heaven sent. I also had someone pay for my Starbucks one morning, so I paid for the person behind me. I hope that it kept going for a while.

If you could recommend one new baby necessity, what would it be?
I loved the swaddlers! We would not have made it through our ear infections without them.

10 on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment