Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Wreaths

I have folders and folders stored on Internet Explorer full of things I want to try. Of course when I want to try them, I can't find them in the folder. Enter Pintrest, an amzing site that helps you to save and organize these great things you have found on the internet, with a picture to help you remember what you saved. I am in love with this idea, and bummed that I didn't come up with it.

Since "pinning" most of my internet folders, I remembered that there were some felt pinwheels that I had wanted to try out. I decided to make a wreath for work, and put them pinwheels on there. I think it turned out pretty well.


To make the pinwheels, I cut squares of felt, about 4x4. I light drew a line from corner to corner and cut each line towards the center, leaving about a 1/2 inch uncut. Then I glued corners down in the center. I used some old beads that I had laying aroud to the center. I didn't get pictures taken as I went, but here is what I used to help.


Nate then helped me stick the rods through the wreath so that I could attach my letters.  Total cost for the wreath - $10. Not to shabby. Would have been less if I hadn't bought the more expensive letters, but they looked cuter.




I also decided to finally finish the other wreath I had started a couple of months ago. I love the simplicty of it! I'm not totally happy with the ribbon yet, but I'll keep playing with it.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!

    And when I did ribbon around my last wreathing pulled it taut and secured it to the wreath. I used a 2nd ribbon to hang it.

    ReplyDelete