Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh KitchenAid, how I have missed you!

I have a lovely kitchen. See, it's beautiful!


Wait, what is that in the corner collecting dust?



Oh yes, my KitchenAid! I love my KitchenAid, I just never use it. (Probably why it's unplugged.) Well, that is about to change, as I enter the world of trying to make my own recipes.

David loves muffins, and they are such an easy snack, though not always healthy for you. Since the kid will sit down and eat 3 at a time, I decided to give it a whirl and make them healthy for him. We started with Banana Muffins.

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1tbs vanilla extract
  • 1tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup white flour
  • 1/2tsp baking soda
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • 1/2tsp salt
  1. Preheat oven to 325 and spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Mix in bananas, applesauce, milk, and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together the remaining dry ingredients. Stir into wet mixture.
  4. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes.
  5. Yields 15 muffins
This recipe made very moist muffins that we all love! You could also add walnuts, but I don't like nuts, so I left them out.

So there you have my first adventure with making my own recipe. I must have looked at hundreds of reciepes online to piece together the one that we liked best They freeze really well too!

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to try these... They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound really great! Way to go on crafting your own recipe. I'd never do that. Also, is your kitchen always that spotless? If so, you are annoying and making the rest of us look bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby - I *try* to keep my kitchen like that, but it doesn't always happen. I figure if I can keep 1 room clean, I'm doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete