Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ten on Tuesday, Vacation Style

What is your dream vacation?
     Way to start a Tuesday off hard! Italy. I have always wanted to go to Italy.
 
What has been your favorite trip so far in your life?
     Canada. I loved that trip! It was the summer after Nate and I met. We took a 10 day trip up north, with a stop in MN to visit his brother and my college friend, then we camped around the Canadian side of Lake Superior. We camped 1 night and stayed in a hotel the next all the way around. We stopped at every pull off, saw waterfalls, talked to a vet when we stopped at an old camp, saw baby bears, almost got eaten by a momma bear, and I got stung by some bug that produced a huge blister on my ear. It was a good old fashion road trip, and I loved it! I want to repeat it with David when he is older.
 
If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why?
     Apparently San Diego since she thinks she is moving there, violating the 2 hour rule, yet again.  But really, probably somewhere in Europe. We both love music, books, and some history, so that would be fun.
 
Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go?
     I haven't tried.
 
What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re on vacation?
     Take in the sights. I want to see and do as much as I can. I may never get back to that place again, and I want to take in all the memories that I can.
 
Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret?
     Nope. If I have wanted to go, I have gone.
 
You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything, what’s the one thing you can’t live without?
     I am assuming that there is Wi-Fi, so my iPod? At least then I could let you all know that I was stranded and maybe someone would come get me. Unless it was paradise. Then I would just let you all know how wonderful it was!
 
What’s one of your favorite traveling memories?
     Just one? I have so many. I think I'll have to stick with Canada. I really did love that trip!
 
All included resort or backpacking? Why?
     I have never been backpacking, only camping. Not sure I would like backpacking, so I'm going with resort. I can still get out and see the sights, but still have a drink at night.
 
Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights?
     Both have their benefits. I'm not a fan of the sand, or not being able to see my feet, so I would rather get out and see the sights, but maybe reserve one afternoon to be a beach bum.
 
 
10 on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment