Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Entertaining a toddler

In case you missed it, it's hot here. Humid and hot. Let's not forget the drought. Makes entertaining a bust 3 year old a little harder. Add in being 37 weeks pregnant, and this momma is looking for anything that will give her 30 minutes, heck 15 minutes, to just sit.

Today we took a trip to the store to stock up and get come craft supplies. How do you entertain a 3 year old at the store, the iPod. He got comfortable and didn't move until I was ready to get him out.

 
After nap time, we decided to make gak, aka slime. I thought this would keep David occupied for a while. Little did I know that I have a boy who doesn't like to get his hands dirty. After much talking and the addition of bugs, slime was a hit! We made our slime with 12oz of glue and 12ox of liquid starch. I used cheap white glue and it colored just as well as clear glue. He only wanted 1 color, but we could have split it up and made multiple colors. He wanted green, so we made ours green.
 
Not so sure about this...
 
 
Maybe I'll get a bug...
 
 
It's stretchy!
 
 
Finally, 2 hands!
 
 
Cheese!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. I tried making the slime a few weeks ago and mine did NOT turn out. I'll have to try it again...

    ReplyDelete