Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday Celebration

We celebrated David's 2nd birthday this weekend. I can't believe that my baby will be 2 on Friday. :(  He is getting so big.

Back to the party - we went with a Cat in the Hat theme. David loves The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That (PBS), so I knew we couldn't go wrong. (Mickey Mouse was a close second.) I wanted to make it a fun party and make some sort of a cool cake or cup cake. He liked both, so I consider it a success.

The door to great our guests and some decorations.







My masterpieces - Cat in the Hat cupcakes!



To make them, I took an Oreo and coated it with white chocolate. This made the brim of the hat. I then used a marshmallow and dipped both ends into red dipping chocolate. I secured them together with some frosting, presto, Cat in the Hat cupcakes!

No party is complete without birthday hats!


Blowing out his candle, and then enjoying his cupcake.




We had a great time. We celebrated with family and friends. David loved every minute of it. He got his own remote control car, a bubble machine, cars, a book, a Percy the train, a tool set, and we got him a Little Tykes fire truck, with a real fire hose that shoots water (which is why he is soaked in this picture.)



2 comments:

  1. The cupcakes are AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole party turned out so cute, but those cupcakes look amazing! What a great idea for the hats!

    ReplyDelete