Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lantern Launch 2013

A few weeks ago, we did a lantern launch at church to raise money for missions. Raising the money may have been the primary reason, but for us, it was so much more.

We used the launch to thank God and remember our angels, and the angels of others who had experienced a loss. I had also invited a group of students from school to come. They had all lost a parent at some point in the last year. I was excited when we got there to see two of them. I had looked forward to this event for a long time, and it did not disappoint. Seeing the lanterns was an amazing experience - the perfect event for remembrance and thanksgiving.

David wanted to know what would happen to the lantern after it was let go. I asked him what he thought. He said that God would catch it.

After the launch, he was insistent on going to look at the stars. We went out and laid on the grass to look up. I asked what we were looking for.
David: a star - the brightest.
Me: Why buddy?
David: It's my lantern, mom. God caught it and sent it back as a star.
Me: Is it because God loves you David?
David: No mom, it because God loves everyone, not just me.

Who knew a 4 year old could be so smart.








No comments:

Post a Comment