Friday, November 9, 2012

Cranberry-Pumpkin Bars

I love fall and all of the foods that come with it. I love pumpkin and I love cranberry. What could be better than those food separately? Those foods combined!

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it originated here. These bars were easy to make, although next time I think I will make them into cookies or muffins. My bars did not look like the did on website. They come out more like a brownie than a bar. They would be great with real cranberrys or even white chocolate chips - yum! They were pretty darn good!



Cranberry-Pumpkin Bars

1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 Tbsp butter at room temperature
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg and 1 large egg white
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp table salt
2/3 cup dried cranberries

(I actually used pumpkin pie filling because it was what I had on hand.)

Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter; beat in egg, egg white, pumpkin  and buttermilk.
In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until moistened, then add cranberries and mix gently.

Spread batter in pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment