Monday, January 23, 2012

Stove Top Lasagna

I went back to my cookbook buddy, Fix it and Forget It, Lightly. The book is full of recipes for your crockpot, but I found that I was having to cook a lot of things before putting it into the crockpot, which is good if you have time to prep before, but your crockpot is only on for 4 hours. I adapted most of my favorite recipes to be done on the stove pretty quickly.

We love pasta in our house, and eat a lot of it. Probably shouldn't eat as much as we do, but it is so easy to make and tastes so good. Lasagna is a favorite, but I never have time to make it. Enter Stove Top Lasagna. All the taste done quick.

I should note that this recipe does make a lot, so you could cut it in half. I like to have leftovers for lunch, and this usually feeds us for a night with a few lunches, and maybe another dinner out of it on FFY (fend for yourself ) night.

Stove Top Lasagna
1lb ground beef, or ground turkey (I use 1/2 lb turkey with a 1/2 Italian sausage)
16oz egg noddles (we use whole wheat egg noodles)
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
5 cups spaghetti sauce (I use 24oz jars and just dump 2 in)
4tbs Italian seasoning (more or less to taste)

1. Brown meat.
2. Cook noodles
3. Dump everything into a large pot. Set on medium until everything is hot.

Could that be any easier? I only use 2 pots, which is even better! We serve with garlic bread or cheese sticks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a so trying this. I'm a pasta lover too. I could eat it daily and not get sick of it.

    ReplyDelete