Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chickenetti

I'm all about quick and easy, decently healthy foods for dinner. When I lived on my own, I had several recipes that I made in bulk and froze so that I wouldn't have to cook as often. I have all intentions of doing that now, but haven't done it on a regular basis.

Anyway, the other night I went back to one of my recipes and tweaked it for what I had and what Nate and David would like.

Chickenetti

1lb of chicken breasts cooked and cubed (I used the precooked/cubed Tyson chicken)
1 can no sodium cream of chicken
1 can no sodium cream of celery
1 cup water
1 can mushrooms (more or less depending on your taste)
1 box spaghetti
1 medium green pepper, diced
1/2 lb white American cheese, cubed (or sliced - I bought the pre-packaged sliced cheese and used a lb - we love cheese!)
1/4 Parmesan cheese
pepper to taste

1. Cook spaghetti in a lrage pot. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pot, mix soups, water, mushrooms, pepper, and chicken over low heat.
3. Add spaghetti to pot and add the cheese. Cook until cheese has melted.

1 pot dinner. Yes please!
You can also add 8oz of sour cream. I would have, but didn't have any on hand. If you like salt you can add that as well.
You can also mix everything in a bowl and then put into a 13x9 baking dish with 1 cup bread crumbs on top and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment