Monday, June 6, 2011

Faith and Blessings

A month ago, I posted a song by Laura Story. It's a song that is now on my iPod. I listen to it a lot. It's a reminder for me that my blessings may not come in packages that I understand, or even want. It has helped me to look at my life in a different way.

It's been a hard day in the Mott house. Despite that, I know I am blessed. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and is there for me no matter what. I have a two year old boy full of personality. I have an amazing family and friends who are there for me no matter what.

Blessings come in all packages, in all sizes, and at all times. Even the disappointments, hard days, and tears, can be blessings. When we get bad news or have a hard day, we tend to question God and what he is doing in our lives. I know that I have posted on this before. I think God is trying to help me grow in my faith, to not question what he is doing, and know that he knows what he is doing. I need to let go. I need to let God guide me. I need to remember my favorite movie, "The Land Before Time". Littlefoots mom gave him some goods words to live by. "Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." God is in my heart, he will guide my life. I just need to listen more closely.

2 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) I love that last bit about God guiding your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and perspective. Thinking of you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete