Thursday, May 8, 2014

David Says...

On the subject of weather...

They had a tornado drill at school.
David: Mrs. Lori, I am so glad we aren't in the scary hall way this year
Mrs. Lori: The scary hallway?
David: Yeah, the one with the door at the end. The tornado could suck us right out!

David: Mrs. Lori. I know that you will do your best to keep us safe, but only God can decide if the tornado takes us.

Where does he learn this stuff?

**************************************************************

On the subject of the Easter Bunny...

Catching me eat a piece of candy
David: Umm...mom. The Easter Bunny left that for me, not you. You must not have been good. You didn't get a basket.

David: Mom, did you know there are scout bunnies?! Just like Santa has.

Lord help me if I have to remember to move a bunny around for a month like I do the elf at Christmas.

**************************************************************

On the hiccups

David: Molley has the hiccups! It's funny.
Me: I don't think she likes them.
David: She must have drank her water too fast. You have to drink slow.
Nate: Sometimes you have to scare them out.
David: Dad, hiccups aren't scared of nothin.

****************************************************************

On the Mini500

Nate: David, daddy ran a race today. Want to see his medal?
David: You won the whole race?
Nate: No.
David: You have a medal, daddy. They only give out a medal to the winner. You won the whole race!

Daddy will always be his hero.

*********************************************************************

On secrets...

Me: All mommy wants for Mother's Day is for someone to clean her house.
David: Anything else mommy? Don't you want anything else?
Me: What else could mommy want?
David: A flower pot?
Me: Yes, I do need a flower pot.
David: Shhh...it's a secret mom. Don't tell anyone I told you. I made you one at school.

**********************************************************************

On bedtime...

David: Mom, don't forget to give me a hug and a kiss.

Never, baby boy. Mommy will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment