Friday, February 7, 2014

David Says

From the mouth of a 4 (and a half) year old

David: Mom, dad is a kid!
Me: Am I a kid?
David: No. You're a parent.
Me: And how many kids live here?
David: 3 mom. You're the only parent.

Sounds about right.


******************************************
David went shopping with me while I was on the hunt for new pants. After we left the 2nd store with no pants in hand...

David: Mom, you didn't get anything...again. You should just go to Walmart.

**********************************************
David: Mom, we should go to Chuck e Cheese.
Me: Why?
David: Because I've never been there. 
Me: Yes you have.
David: Oh, well the 'mercial says its fun for adults and kids. 
Me: What commercial.
David: You know, the one that plays after Super Why.

Thank you PBS for not advertising toys, but instead advertising a parents hell.

***********************************************
David: Mom, can I have some candy.
Me: We'll see.
David: Mom, that means no, doesn't it?

I didn't think he was supposed to figure that out for years.

*********************************************
David: Mom, will it ever stop snowing?

My thoughts exactly.

********************************************* 
David: Mom, I have an idea. Do you know what we should do?
Me: What buddy?
David: Mom, remember when we were at the zoo and we rode the roller coaster? Remember I was scared, but I went and I liked it? Remember mom? And remember the day I wanted to go, but it was just us and Molley and you didn't want to leave Molley with a stranger.
Me: Yeah.
David: Mom, we should do that this winter. We should leave Molley with daddy and we should go ride the coaster.
Me: Bud, it's not open in the winter. It's too cold.
David: Oh (insert sad face)
Me: But maybe this summer we can go somewhere with lots of rides and a water park.
David: That would be fun mom! 

David: Mom, would you remember to pack my swim trunks?
Me: Yes
David: And my spider man swim shoes? Would you remember to pack those? 
Me: Yes buddy.
David: Mom, I think they are too small!! Mom, I need new ones! Mom, I think I should sell my small ones to Jackson.
Me: Okay, we can do that.
David: And we can buy new ones from someones porch. 
Me: laughing Sure buddy.
David: Good, 'cuz I need new ones.


Kid might have picked up on my Facebook Market Place buying and selling...

*********************************************
David: How many more sleeps until I'm 5 mom?
Me: Um, I'm not sure..a lot?
David: It's just taking too long, mom!
Me: I don't think so. You will be 5 soon enough.
David: Well, once I turn 5, how many sleeps until August?
Me: Not too many. Why do you want to know that?
David: Because that is when I start Kindergarten.  

This kid has been ready for Kindergarten for 2yrs now. His mom, not so much.

*********************************************

David to his teacher after he had to pull his card to yellow.

David: Miss Lori, we have a big problem here! There are just too many people who want to play with me, and I get in trouble with those boys. You need to keep them away from me. 
Miss Lori: David, aren't you in control of who you play with?
David: Yes, but I can't say no, so you will have to for me.

Takes after his mother and grandfather...

*********************************************

David: Mom, you know when you used to call me your baby. 
Me: Yeah.
David: And I didn't like it. You know, when I was 3.
Me: Yeah
David: I think I like it now. Mom, will you call me your baby again.

Always my baby boy, always.

********************************************* 

No comments:

Post a Comment